12-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #29
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1trip5 View Post
Greg, what kind of suspension setup did you run with the camaro?

I'm struggling to hold my own against the 2J and Toyota 7. I'm fully modded and puttin down about 560HP. Ive tried several suspension setups but I cant get good corner grip. Any tips on how you placed gold with this car?
Ah, yes. For me I struggled with front end grip, so I maxed out downforce front and back and added a few degrees of negative camber up front. Then I did toe out up front and lowered it a little bit. I'm sure there's a much better way to do it ... if my PS3 weren't being used for BluRay by my sis I'd go down and look it up for you. I'll come back and give you the exact numbers later.

In the meantime, I used racing softs and I bought an LSD (didn't adjust it at all) then I bumped up the max speed in the transmission a couple notches. Go and test run Grand Valley and Monaco and see what top speed works for you, that way you can get the best acceleration possible.

Then, it's a matter of luck. On G-Valley I was lucky because the 7 and the 2J were in the back. By lap 4 they caught up to me and with a little douche baggery I was able to hold them off - barely.

On Monaco it's sort of the same thing. Keep reloading the race (exit back to the A-spec menu and reload the race event) till the 7 and 2J are behind you. I was ruthless in that race (I rammed people that got in my way ).

EDIT: Assuming you have every performance part possible (including supercharger and stage 3 NA upgrades), change your oil. There's a bit of a glitch or something where even if you buy a new car changing the oil gives you a few more HP.

Last edited by GregTheStig; 12-23-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0