View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #25
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
No, what I am trying to say is that every single time you justify getting and update, you have to tell them it's CarPlay disconnecting. It's not the phone, it's the fact that BMW puts their services behind a wall that has to connect to a server. When the server cannot validate your subscription, you aren't allowed to access said subscription. Given BMW's track record of wonderful software, I would say it is them.

I agree with you they have disappeared, but it seems that the only way to get the dealership to update without being a pain in the ass is CarPlay connectivity. Riddle me this...why would they keep taking the car in and performing the updates on that basis if it was my phone and not the car? Either they know something is up, or it's just become a known issue that BMW does not have their stuff together.

CarPlay works fine in every single other vehicle. Bluetooth and WiFi stay connected in every other vehicle. It's ok to admit that BMW does not have their software figured out. I'm starting to think that you either do not use these services, or you just flat out insist BMW can't be in the wrong. Not attacking the X5, but you better believe I will hold BMW accountable for kicking the can down the road on something they promised. If you have money you want to throw away, then go ahead and write a donation check to BMW's Development Team.
In most cases the dealer does not know what is wrong and what the fix will be so they do the update since the customer is complaining about the problem. It is not in the skill set, or even responsibility, to try and track down problems with the software.

Obviously there are issues with iDrive and no one can deny that but I like to try and keep things accurate and so far, either on purpose or just by not understanding things, your posts have been riddled with inaccurate information. Anytime I see this I will question is so you don't mislead people.
Appreciate 0