View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #26
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
In most cases the dealer does not know what is wrong and what the fix will be so they do the update since the customer is complaining about the problem. It is not in the skill set, or even responsibility, to try and track down problems with the software.

Obviously there are issues with iDrive and no one can deny that but I like to try and keep things accurate and so far, either on purpose or just by not understanding things, your posts have been riddled with inaccurate information. Anytime I see this I will question is so you don't mislead people.
Right...all wrong? Keep being a miserable person. You just seem to not like people stating what their experiences are. Since you are the go to for all things X5, please tell me why I don’t have remote software updates. Please tell me why CarPlay doesn’t come right up like on every other vehicle. Please tell me why release notes for previous versions of iDrive focus on lane assist and other aspects of the safety systems. Unless you are developing the system and have worked on my vehicle, you are clueless. Why do people echo some of these same issues?

Why don’t you stop trying to start stuff when people are having a discussion. Please, by all means, help me fix my issues. Can you send me the software updates? I think you just don’t like the fact that someone is speaking critically or BMW. Please show me where my subjective opinion is misinformed. Again, why would I post something about a vehicle that I own, I like, I drive, and have stated is a good vehicle.

Face it, iDrive 7 is not stable. There’s all sorts of releases out there. You’re in other threads talking out of your ass about what your dealer told you regarding framework and future updates. You have no clue. I have no clue. BMW has no clue.

Get off your high horse..if you have nothing nice to say, then move on. But please don’t say I am misinformed when you have no firsthand know these issues. If the system was stable, you MAY have a leg to stand on. Please try to stop being such a grump.
Appreciate 0