Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Not yet.
The rise in the heartland has just started.
Give it 6 - 8 weeks till you see a rise from infected persons there manifest elsewhere. Similar to the planes landing in NYC in January and cases starting to rise in February/March.

I started wearing my mask to the grocery in January, and people looked at me like I was crazy. I had patients asking me in the ED, hey doc why you wearing a mask ? Are you sick ?
No. I just no the logistics of an easily transmissible contagion.
I'm not sure where NorthCountryGuy lives, but I don't think it is Westchester County, which is 'upstate' to most NYC folk!
We did our first "Escape from NY" last week, going to the ADK mountains to check on the cabin we rent. Generally, we found the covid compliance to be very high. Masks were in the majority. Very few restaurants open in the hills, and on the trip, McDonalds wouldn't even let people in to pee!
The lake we are near has scattered campsites (~12) with no facilities, so they were open & very full. We took the canoe out for lunch (hotdogs cooked on sticks) and the ranger came by; he didn't bust us!
This county went into phase two as we went home, so the next trip should be different.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 06-11-2020 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0