View Single Post
      03-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
because in the past...we're all bitching all the overtaking were done in pit strategy and no on track overtaking actions....

so the FIA just simply banned refuelling without adjusting tire use and qualify format.

as the result, the FASTEST driver will go into Q3 and in top 3 position....then everyone fuel up to max and race, but faster drivers can still be faster than people behind with same fuel load...and everyone MUST use both compounds of tire....so as long as the fast driver are able to make up certain margin....he can go ahead, pit and comfortably cruise to the end.....

First thing need to adjust, tire use, drivers who got knocked out in Q1 and Q2 does not necessary to use BOTH compounds of tires....i.e. slower drivers can drive harder without pit stops....thus they can save about 20 seconds in one race....
or this change can be post throughout the grid...so drivers and teams and option to use softer coupound for a faster Q3 time but need to slow down to preserve the tires for the entire race...or use a harder compound but result a P8-P10 but save themselves for a 20 second pit stop bogey time.

Also the qualifying format has to be adjusted....from what I see for those who knocked out in Q1 and Q2....they are hopeless to catch up.....first...they have a heavy car, they MUST pit to meet regulations for using BOTH tire compounds....

my point is....FIA cannnot just blindly ban refuelling and hoping for more action. This will just cause the fast ones to be in the front, and tie up the hands on everyone behind them...some rules must be adjusted accordingly....