View Single Post
      07-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #13
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
OK I know we have a few of these threads, but I wanted to do a quick review of the changes I've noticed in the UK.

I only got the upgrade today and have only driven a few miles but I noticed a few things.

At stock configuration:
- menu's changed for CarPlay and Android Auto - you can set a favourite key to take you to the main CarPlay/AA menu
- Apple Maps display in the HUD instead of iDrive when running. Google maps did not. Not tried any others yet.
- No Digital Key 1.5
- Couldn't spot any differences with cloud navigation as yet - maybe need some more miles on the clock
- No other assist feature changes

I coded a few things:
- Traffic Light Assistant is working and its really cool. Spots the camera at red/green 150 yards away and decreases the count as you approach. The graphic is displayed in the CiC and HUD. I haven't been able to test if it fully stops as yet as there was just too much traffic as I wasnt the lead car.

Note: this feature has been pushed back to 11/2020 i-step so I was surprised it worked.

- Digital key 1.5 - so close but its not working. The car thinks I have the feature but moans about connected drive needing to be updated. It also broke my Comfort Access temporarily. Looks like there is a migration process that needs to happen with the digital keys and I couldn't get the CD app to update. I'll have another go when I have more time.

- The car appeared to slow for raised manhole covers during road works. Well it definitely did slow and steered around them. I need to check on that to confirm it wasn't a fluke. This could be part of Urban Cruise Control, which I activated.

- There are some new features that look specific to motorway driving. I've attached some screenshots. They look interesting. Well, except for the no undertaking one

There's some bugs as well, but again I need more time to confirm.
What model year is your vehicle?
Appreciate 0