10-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #61
Finito84
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothetgoo View Post
So I have already put in an order for a 45e. Wanted a specific build so I didn't want to buy one off the lot.

The dealer said that we would talk final pricing and everything once the vehicle arrived. I did not go through financing deals or anything/do a credit check, etc. He said they would give me the "best price" at delivery, but we did not negotiate a specific deal as the trade-in, etc. are still variable.

Did I screw myself by ordering a car without a final commitment as to a discount? Obviously I realize that I am not in a strong negotiating position now, having ordered the car already. I did talk to the two local dealerships (Seattle area) and neither would commit to a specific discount on a custom order. That was before I read this forum though...
I would still ask for the OTD - out the door calculations because your CPA or whoever asked for it. You can tell that it is for tax planning or any other excuse. Or maybe, no excuse, and just you want that document.

I think you should have the basic information on your deal specially when you are paying $70-$80k for a product.

I suppose you should know the % discount of msrp, document fees, and current incentives, even if incentives might change at delivery. Also, this forum mentions the 60 days (East coast) and 90 days (West coast) lock.
Appreciate 0