View Single Post
      01-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
unionjack
Conceited Prick
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe previously

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
I was a civilian contractor for the Army and Air Force at different points in my career. Personally I hated both. As an ex-sailor (yup, Navy) I saw the same crap I did when I was in.

From my standpoint and certainly those I work with, having the right answer wasn't always what matters. I've rated a guy higher in an interview who was open and honest about stuff he didn't know than the guy who wound up being right but tried to BS his way through it. This industry is filled with know-it-alls. The problem with these, historically, as that they don't adapt and improve very well. It's much easier for me to teach a guy how to manually migrate several applications, websites, SSL certificates, and databases from one server to another to someone who understands the concept but has 0-limited experience doing it than some know-it-all who states they already can.

With regards to certificates, I've seen people grill cert holders just to see how much that person know to discover whether or not the person actually knows what the certs claims they do. this is the direct result of a fair amount of cert holders not knowing sh1t.

AW/IR | Premium Package | Heated Seats | Navigation | Valentine One | Shorty Antenna | Black Kidney Surrounds
Appreciate 0