04-18-2016, 09:35 PM   #622
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Funny, I was at Rusnak of Pasadena waiting to pick up a part and work on his Audi with him (and I dressed appropriately sloppy in a worn-out T-shirt and motor oil-stained jeans), but wandered around and checked out a Bentley, and I got waited on hands and feet; opening the doors and letting me sit in it... But when I was dressed nicely for a friend's wedding, I got treated like a nobody at The Auto Gallery in Calabasas... "Oh, if we opened the car up we'd have to detail it again [and blah blah blah]"... Over a Maserati Ghibli, or what seemed like the cheapest car on the lot.

All in all, it all depends on where you go IMO.
That should be obvious lol.

If your Asian and you try to buy a car any where close to Arcadia to San Marino, most of the well known dealerships would not blink an eye if you go in wearing shorts and a white t-shirt because they know not to judge. Younger generations from Mainland China wear no where close to how they should. Rusnak, New Century etc. You go outside of that bubble then that's a bit more iffy.

Ffs I saw some young Asian dude exit out of a Yellow Ferrari wearing cargo shorts, thin white t-shirt + sandals. That is rather normal around here.