View Single Post
      10-10-2020, 12:59 PM   #34
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwas View Post
I see this thing professionally a lot, and unfortunately there isn't a single cause.
I read further replies and I need some more info to find out where the point of failure could be.

First, if you connect your PC/laptop directly via a wire to your gateway provided by the ISP does this occur?

It wasn't clear if you were connecting with a wired or wireless device, and/or how many intermediate devices there are in this setup.

the ISP will tell you nothing is wrong if they can communicate over their advertised "speeds" to their gateway inside your home. Their responsibility ends there.

So in summary, for this test, there should be no network, just the device provided by the utility to your testing machine via a wire, and the machine should have no programs open only a speedtest app (not in the browser as this adds a layer of complexity) or command prompt.

Seth
It was definitely an ATT network issue in my area. People either too oblivious to complain or they just lived with it. Spectrum is perfect now.
Appreciate 0