View Single Post
      11-18-2020, 03:10 PM   #94
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

There's a difference between a hybrid and a BEV...the BEV tends to have a larger battery, and has no alternative method of locomotion, so supplying a charging adapter that is a bit more capable seems like a logical solution from a marketing viewpoint. On a hybrid, you can stop almost anywhere and fill the tank in a few minutes if you can't or haven't recharged your batteries, or recharge them while driving.

Nobody said you couldn't make a multi voltage EVSE...they obviously exist. They cost more, and are more prone to misuse than a single use one with adapter plugs that you could misplace or forget. Some people will end up buying the 45e and never or rarely plugging it in. A waste, but hey.

What I'm saying is that, yes, BMW could, but they didn't, and with a little research, it would have been obvious, but you bought it anyways. There are solutions to your beef, should you wish to solve it yourself. To me, anyway, supplying an EVSE anyone can easily plug in to the receptacles universal in the homes of the USA makes sense. Yes, it has limitations, but it is what it is. Simple, straight-forward makes some sense to me.
Appreciate 0