View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 08:22 AM   #10
speedyman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by philooo View Post
It would be nice to have a black and white answer on this but it seems everybody has a very different take on each material.

my take is that Merino is best for sure.. but require a lot more care to look good over time.

Vernasca is a tough leather which require no maintenance care

Sensatec is actually softer but synthetic, if BMW was not telling us it was sensatec I think most people would be fooled by it.

I, personaly believe Vernasca offer best compromise as I think leather will wear better than Sensatec, which I think will degrade and fall apart in long terms 10+ years, like most chemical based textile. And Merino will scratch and look crappy over time as well. So I am going with Vernasca. I have Dakota in my X5 10+ years and it looks great. I have never ever even wipes it I hope Vernasca will be as good.
Yes, this is a sensible approach to the selection of interior material. The Vernasca does appear to be the best of the various choices here, an opinion that some here become aggressive about. LOL.
I don't expect the leather in my SUV to be that of the Ferragamo and various other Italian made premium grade shoes that I choose to wear.
Appreciate 0