View Single Post
      04-23-2021, 09:07 PM   #36
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
The last two I bought were ordered through Grayson @ Winslow in the Springs.

Both times I received what I felt were fair deals, decent but not necessarily great. But you have to ask yourself what that extra .5 to 1% is really worth. I believe having a relationship with the servicing dealer has value. Being a repeat customer I think has future value. Even at $100k, is the 1% really worth hours of shopping, hassle and BS just so that you feel like you got the best deal?

When the market is hot and allocations are scarce, good discounts will be more difficult. Big dealers have to move more cars, but many times you will be just another number. Small dealers need to make more off each car, but you will have more of a relationship with the staff and I believe be more valued as a customer, especially repeat.

I think the key in obtaining a good deal is first knowing what a good deal is with all factors considered.
Knowing exactly what you want, what that really costs, and what deals are out there for that build so that you are ready to go when the right deal presents itself.

I don't flip cars every two to three years, so for the money, I want exactly what I want, so I always order. I'm willing to wait for it to be built/shipped. I have done Performance Center Delivery on both of my last two and will continue to do that. I think that helps some in negotiation also, since as GOLFFRR stated, I could buy from anyone.

I will say though that the relationship with Winslow has resulted in invitation to some invitation only events which has been sweet. Bonus!
Thanks for confirming that Winslow sells cars, that's news to me.
2011 X5 35i BSM/Black - Retired
2011 335i Coupe Alpine White/Saddle - Retired (ED)
Appreciate 0