View Single Post
      04-26-2021, 04:09 PM   #41
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
Colorado car pricing is insane. We had a really bad experience at Downtown, Schomp is closed on the best day for us(Mondays) for some stupid reason, and COs was the best for us. We haven’t gotten to pricing yet. Having a hard time between a new m50 or a cpo last gen x5m.
So here's my $0.02 ... having previously leased an F85 and currently have a G05 45e (i know not a V8).

The G05 is much more refined than the F15 chassis 3rd Gen X5 in many ways, however I really miss our X5M, as the performance was insane and the vehicle seemed to defy physics and felt like my F55 in many scenarios ... no small feat for a 2.5 ton SUV! Also, if you can get past the less refined F85 transmission, the vehicle is a blast to drive and always put a smile on my face. It does look a bit long in the tooth compared to the 4th gen X5 ... however you should be looking at ~ $65k compared to $100k for purchase price between the F85 & G05 respectively.

Granted, I've been in crappy company cars the majority of the last 4 years, only getting to drive the BMWs or MINI on weekends, so my F85 became my wife's daily when her F34 lease was up. She still misses the ///M, but loves the power and fuel economy of her 45e.

I think you should drive the two and compare for yourself, however as much as I loved the F85, the new G05 M50i is only 43hp shy of the F85, and likely a bit more comfortable to drive ... you will likely not notice the missing HP, but will notice the lack of "harshness" that the M50i takes you up to speed when flogging on it compared to the whiplash-enducing F85.
Appreciate 0