View Single Post
      10-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #16
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaSMP300 View Post
If you really want an e90 m3 then I say go for it. But find the nicest/newest/lowest mileage one you can. As others have said a 2011 would be the best bet (ZCP would be great). The car does guzzle gas, insurance will be slightly higher than say a 335i, and repairs/regular maintenance is a bit more pricey but they are great cars and you shouldn't be too worried about engine problems or anything. Good luck in your search!
Thanks! Since I don't go to the track all that often, I'm leaning a bit toward just a nice E90 M3. Would keep life simple, and I adored my E39 M5. This would be similar while adding a good dose of agility and newness.

I do have a hard time with the price difference between '11s and '08s. It's like a ~$10k difference for what amounts to pretty minor changes (iDrive is much better, LCI tails are nice, but $10k?). But I guess age factors heavily if I'm going to keep if for 5 years or so. Either way, I plan on a warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedRide View Post
They sell for under $40k now. Might feel big & heavy, but check out the specs. They handle very well. I wouldn't doubt it if it is better than the M3.
You're talking to a guy who took the A/C and P/S out of his DD Integra... I don't think I could drive a 4,400lb car and have nothing else. Although a great excuse for a test drive to be sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Get a 997.2, should be more reliable, and easy as a daily and good for track days too.
I had my heart set on this for quite a while (although a 997.1S instead - 997.2S hasn't dropped much below $60k yet). However, I think dealing with rear-facing car seats will end up being a major hassle. I hear it handles kids pretty well when they're a little older (from age 3-4 up to 10-12) so maybe a 911 will be the next step after M3. I drove a 997.1S and loved it, great all-rounder and quite track worthy.
Appreciate 0