View Single Post
      10-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #18
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaSMP300 View Post
E90 is a terrific car. My friend has a 2011.5 fully loaded (zcp, extended leather, rare sun shade etc) Space Grey/Black with 23k miles wonder if he would consider selling.

I had a 997.2 Targa 4s myself and it was a joy. Not quite as comfortable as the e90 m3 or as practical but with small kids very doable. Unfortunately, as you stated prices have definitely not dropped (which I think is great for Porsche but not so much for perspective buyers).

I think you can find a 2010 (minimum for upgraded nav) or a 2011 with low miles in the low 40s and it will be worth it (especially a ZCP car only 125ish of them nation wide). You sound like you would keep the car for awhile so a little more to get what would be a terrific DD seems worth it.
Thanks. There is a local '11 ZCP that is *exactly* what I want down to the very rare interior (extended beige leather... I really don't want black again), but I think I'm gonna wait it out until I really need 4 seats. In the meantime, my invested savings will hopefully continue up, M3s will continue down, and I'll keep enjoying tracking the S2000 while having cheap running costs on it.

I thought '09 was the year they upgraded nav? That actually seems like a sweet spot (cheaper and with all the '11 updates I believe, except for ZCP), but '09-'10 sedans are really rare. They're pretty much all '08s or '11s, and '11s there are fewer manuals. FYI there were actually 1,220 ZCP sedans shipped to NA, about 1/3 of the '11 total.
Appreciate 0