Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp RWD

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
That is true, although it's quite strange that only official Racechip videos are there. I asked for some sort of real world numbers from regular people in the Recechip thread, but no one seems to have any numbers that can be confirmed, via 1/4 times or dragy, whcih I find strange.

I had Racechip on my 2014 650i and did not notice much of a difference. Later I found out that people dyno'd it and couldn't see any whp gain. I wonder if similar issues are present with the N63R.

Edit: The only reason why I'm wondering is because I'm in the market for a piggyback and am trying to decide between the Racechip and the JB4.
Hmm...i don't know much about the n63 motor. Have you checked other subforums on this site? There are numbers from m5s, m8s (s63), etc.

I think people don't post Racechip numbers on Dragy leaderboard because the tune is not aggressive, and it's not meant to be...you're not going to have the fastest car cuz of the racechip. It was just enough to have some more fun with the car. My m5 with race chip did 10.8 at 128 (florida weather). Stock it was low 11s and lower 120s. After the 1200 mile service, I removed the race chip and did an ecu/tcu flash and added jb4 on top and was running 10.2/10.3 at 137 mph...that number i posted on dragy. It's not going to transform any car into a drag strip warrior, as they don't crank the boost that high.

Either way...just try one. Low cost of entry either way.

I suggest anyone who mods cars always has a dragy and a datalogger. This way you know if the device is giving you the additional boost/etc, and you can do runs back to back from stock to 'tuned' and measure yourself.
Appreciate 0