View Single Post
      04-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #29
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
BMW like Audi and MB all distinguish their higher end headlights with different DRL's so saying it's awful would need to include the industry, not just BMW. The degree each OEM changes them is different per model but they do distinguish them regardless. I agree the X5's are more dramatic but Laser Lights aren't a huge expensive while buying a luxury vehicle so just get them if it bothers you. If the US DOT approves the fully enabled LL then you should be able to so blame our dumb laws, not BMW or other OEM's for the limited use cases. They are 110% worth the cost even if you use them once per year.
Well first, I am not a expert on the DOT lighting regs. But are you saying that they have a restriction on the Lasers only being allowed over 37mph? I would find that hard to believe.
And while Audi & MB certainly have changed their DRL designs & have higher end versions. BMW is known for their classic design. What they did with the X5 is absurd. I would also say the X5 is not a bottom end model to begin with starting at $61k. Bottom line is when a new X5 is coming at you without the laser option it does not look like a BMW.
Appreciate 0