View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 08:09 AM   #47
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Let's call this what it is, it's a pilot video for the X6M. We all watched it and I bet, in a small way enjoyed it.

Was it Matt Watson quality? Not even close. Looks like it was shot on the first generation Go Pro and a Jitterbug burner phone. All the money went into the cars, none into filming....I can respect that as I have to steal my kids Go Pro myself.

But what this video did give us, was a look into the mystical X5/6M's stock street credibility. Sure the guy shooting the video is totally biased to the Trackhawk, that's ok. He is proud and to be honest, has been the big dog for a few years and might still be or the reign could be over.

Let's also look at some other factors that seem to be missing. Let's hope and assume the X6M did complete it's Run In Service. Any ///M owner knows and feels that it gets a little quicker after you put a few thousand on the clock. Could be the car, could be the driver learning the right hold time on a launch and so on. My times on my X3M decreased as I put miles on, now they are all consistent. Engine or driver....another debate maybe.

As far as cost....the Lambo is insane and I am sure the experience is worth it. Sure the TH has a base in the upper 80's but be honest.....are you going to be the person to have a TH with no options? So average MSRP is between 95-99k. The X6M was probably a HEA launch car with a MSRP of 127 to 129k.

Any honest Jeep person will agree that the fit and finish of the BMW is superior. The quality of materials do not compare.

I say bravo to the video maker and thank them risking themselves on the crazy streets of Mexico.

I would have loved to seen a second dig race between X6M and the trackhawk.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00