View Single Post
      01-09-2021, 08:39 PM   #4
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Most of my driving is local, around town on errands, visits to the doctor, visiting local friends, shopping. I lived close to most stuff, so a typical ICE would rarely get fully warmed up which is horrible on the engine, muffler, and battery. Prior to getting the X5 45e, I had an ICE I used for longer trips, and an i3 for most of my trips as I could warm/cool it off prior to leaving, and it doesn't have a muffler, engine, oil changes, etc. to deal with. But, I was trying to get down to one vehicle, and the X5 45e had a big enough battery to handle my day-to-day running around, and the preconditioning capabilities I'd come to love on the i3, and, should I want or need more power, or to go further, an ICE that I could refill at the gas station in minutes. The 45e has enough battery capacity for most of my driving, and the ability to tow a trailer, should I decide I want to. It has more power and torque than the I6, and not as much as the V8 (especially if you get it in the competition or full M). But, the vehicle is no slouch. Running on electricity is really comforting and quiet and more than sufficient for most stuff. Yes, I know some people want to always be the first one across an intersection from a red light, but I could care less...I can easily keep up with traffic in EV mode, and if I do want to punch it, the engine is there essentially instantly, and the torque of the EV is instant from stop, whereas the ICE needs to build up at least a little rpm before that happens. Throw in the federal and maybe state and utility credits and rebates, and it can end up a lot less expensive, too. Try one, you may like it...you might hate it, but you'll never know unless you try.
Appreciate 4
nZtiZia4669.50
Mr.blue223.00
smp920.00