2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post

I coded this using BimmerCode. After coding, when I changed the different Drive Modes, it was clear that there was "something" happening in the cluster, as the screen changed very slightly when changing drive modes. For example, the triangle that indicates the car's position on the map in the center of the cluster changed to blue when in ECO mode. There were other very subtle differences on the display when changing different Drive Modes as well.

This leads me to believe the cluster module (DKOMBI) is "looking" for additional data in order to display the different Driver Modes. Therefore, it is possible that there are other parameters (either in the cluster module or another module) that need to be changed in order for the Drive Mode to display properly in the M display. Of course, if additional parameters are found to turn on Drive Mode in the M display, it could be different than the non-M display. For example, instead of the words for each Drive Mode, the background color of the M display could change based on the different Drive Mode selected. Right now I would be happy with some type of very noticeable display change for the different modes (the navigation triangle I mentioned above is a bit to subtle for me).

So any thoughts from the more experienced G-series coders?
Bimmercode just updated to 2.18.0-6475 on Android, and I've noticed the the head-unit ECU module now supports Expert mode.

I recently coded Sports Plus through the Body Domain Controller (BDC) for my G05, since the 30d/Diesel doesn't come with Sports+ from the factory. After coding the BDC, I found Sports+ could be selected from the buttons on the gear-shift panel, but NOT from the head-unit (center head-display). It still showed Sports+ in the Instrument Cluster though.

Yesterday I coded Sports+ into the head-unit ECU using Expert mode; based on the recent update to Bimemrcode, and now everything lines up-including showing Sports+ on the center head display.

So to cut a long story short, to code Sports+ - I had to code both the BDC and HDU ECUs, so yes it would be safe to assume you need to code multiple ECUs for driving modes.

You shouldn't have to code anything in the Instrument Cluster ECUs though.
That is good to hear. I tried to code Sport Plus (and Comfort Plus) this weekend only to find out that the HU_MGU ECU did not support Expert Mode yet. Good to hear it is coming (I am on iOS which always appears to lag Android updates).

But just to be clear, you can now see the different Drive Modes with the M Dash display coded? That is what I was really after with my post above since I know others have already coded Sport Plus with E-Sys. Can you show a few pics?

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0