01-20-2021, 06:53 PM   #11
S4CH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
I have the third row seat, actually didn’t have a chance to put my kids there yet.
For reference, I have the previous Gen X5 (F15), also with third row. I think comparing both just by the look, there’s a little more leg room for the new one (if both seats moved all the way to front).
My son was 5’3” and the old X5 is quite cramp for him, he doesn’t like sitting there for any long trip. My daughter is 5’ and she found it barely acceptable. For the new one, I think it should fair a little better but it’s no full size third row.
They need to sit there only very occasionally (like once a month or so), for that purpose it works fine.

Also, the new one is all electric for the 2nd row (to move seat front and back, to tilt seats all the way up to allow third row access, to fold down completely for complete flatbed). It’s actually nice once in a while and seems more luxurious, but it’s somewhat slow. If you have to use the third row often, I actually think it slows it down.
Thanks. That is a perfect comparison. Now I am trying to find a local dealer that has one I can test drive. Any thoughts on the air suspension vs regular suspension?