Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pål Gjestang View Post
I have exactly the same experience with a new X5M (F95) in Tanzaniteblue metallic. Swirls come as soon as you touch the paint. This has absolutely nothing to do with how you wash your car. I always wash my cars by hand. These swirls are even made of premium polishing paper. Maybe treatment with ceramic paint will make things better. I'm trying now. However, this is only to resolve the symptoms, not the real cause. Here there must be a problem with the paint itself and the clearcoat used. Tanzaniteblue matalic is a disgrace to BMW. It simply seems unsuitable for use on a car. So what do we and BMW do with this problem? I have never experienced anything like this. And I've had a lot of BMWs over the years.
Thanks for posting. I owned a bunch of cars, and washed them all at the same car washes through the years, and never had problems like this. My previous X6M was a 2017 in carbon black, and after 3 year lease it also looked pretty bad with a bunch of swirls, but never as bad as the new car after the very first wash.

My future cars are going to be all silver.
Had a 2018 BSM x6m and just like you after 3 years of wash it looks better compared to 1 wash on this new 2021 BSM x6m. Same car wash that has done all my M cars here in the Bay Area. Same exact weekly regimen.

Had it paint corrected and ceramic coated last week and it looks better now but who knows how long that will last.

Bottom line, I believe the clear coat used in this generation sucks.
I would agree. The clear coat is soft, so more vulnerable to scratches.
Appreciate 1