05-01-2020, 08:17 PM   #34
screamace
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5M Competition

Garage List
2020-05-01 Update:

I have to admit this is the most dramatic ordering process I've ever experienced. Let me explain...

I haven't heard from the dealer or broker for 2-3 weeks, which aligns with the previous statement that "no paperwork for out-of-state order for 2 more weeks". I wasn't in a hurry so it's ok.

One small thing happened: I noticed the X5 was removed from my Connected account a few days ago. A little odd but I didn't give it too much thought.

Yesterday, got a call from my broker. He told me my car is SOLD to a different customer!!! Somehow a manager at the dealership learned about the deal and was not ok with it. Without anybody telling me anything, they decided to sell my car (likely with less discount). Apparently it's more important to get the extra few dollars profit, then keeping a promise... I didn't have deposit down at the dealer so don't think there's anything I can do.

Later I learned, it's all started on the day when I was desperately looking for my salesperson to finalize the paperwork. A different salesperson reached out to me and offered to help. Without too much thinking I just gave him/her the details but he/she never came back to me. Apparently that sales is not in the same "team" as my broker and his sales, and reports to a different manager. So this manager decided they are not going to honor the deal. My salesperson is pissed, my broker is pissed (since his deals are now on the surface), and I am pissed too. How ironic!

Kinda feel bad for my broker who has been pretty responsive. But I am not sorry. How do I know the deal is supposed to be top secret? Super mad at the dealership, for sure they won't see me as a customer anymore.

Long story short, my X5 M50i order started on 12/31/2019 and ended on 4/30/2020. And I still don't have a car. I'm now talking to a few dealers nearby on X5M instead, just because I'm upset and want to burn some $$$...
Appreciate 0