United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
I bought my X3 as a CPO. Anyone here familiar with the checklist a CPO car goes through? When I picked it up, I brought my tire tread gauge with me and low and behold, the tread depth was at the bare minimum. 3/32", I knew it would fail my state inspection as they inspect the car and estimate that what they see will still be legal within 12 months, which is the timeframe for the inspection sticker.

When I brought this up to the dealer, they argued with me. They showed me their CPO inspection paperwork where it said the tires had plenty of tread left. I brought them out to the car, put my gauge on it and said...see for yourself. They then sent a mechanic out with his own gauge and ended up replacing the tires on the spot.

To me, this is pretty basic stuff, I mean you can look at the tires and pretty much tell if they are ok or not. So what about all the stuff you cannot look at? Once you drive off the lot, you're in purgatory. Just read through AndroidRobots list of issues and how he is being treated.

You all have a choice.
BMW CS isn't what it used to be, I'll update my OP with the dealership paperwork tomorrow (I meant to do it this weekend but got busy). Even if you prove something was wrong from the factory they won't always fix it. Dealerships are limited by what BMW will reimburse them for.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0