View Single Post
      12-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #15
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
There is a webpage that you can try Windows Phone7 on any Android or iOS device, and I can't say I like it. Sure the screen transitions are snappy and flashy, but I kept feeling like I was lost when trying to navigate thru the menus. Its a huge improvement over the old Windows Phone OS, but there are better OS's out there.
I had a Windoze phone for a while, through the Mango Betas. I have to say there are some seriously lacking aspects of that OS as compared to WinMo 6.5 (WTF no file explorer WTF), but now that they're FINALLY adding a lot of features, it's a great OS if you like your phone to be as it will be out of the box. The people tab, although I'm no socialite, is pretty cool. The OS takes some getting used to, even if you're a long time WinMo person, but it's intentionally simplistic in nature and doesn't allow a lot of customization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZ View Post
I used my mum's HTC and i must say it has the worst OS i have ever used, it was so confusing, the simplest tasks took an age to complete. The phone itself though felt solid and premium quality for an inexpensive phone.

I have been reading some of the reviews, reading between the technical mumbo jumbo, its hard to sometimes get a simple opinion on them without so much jargon.

Have to admit, the iphone seems to be ticking most of the boxes right now, but im still open to other options
What OS was your mom's HTC using? If Android, the SenseUI is notorious for lagging it out, but this is the case with all manufacturers. Samsung has stupid Touch Wiz, HTC has Sense, etc.... It's hard for me to recommend Android phones if the person doesn't want to root and install third party launchers, get rid of bloatware, and all that other stuff you can (and should) do to enhance the user experience. Android phones, most of the time, are not out-of-the-box devices IMO. iPhone, Blackberry, and WP7 are, Android is not. However, once you get to rooting, flashing, OC/UV, etc... then the Android OS really shines.

The great thing is that there are so many good choices out there (and yes WP7 is actually worthwhile now that Mango came along). Get what you like best.
Appreciate 0