Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Dad! I'm okay.

I actually thought about you and jtodd_fl during this week; I am meeting tomorrow after work with the father of one of my good friends, he owns a lucrative flooring company that has been in his family for a few generations, and they are very well off. He's happily agreed to sit down and chat with me over sushi regarding some questions I had for him. I'm not sure if I want to enter the realm of true entrepreneurship or command a higher level of an existing organization (finance director, operations, etc.; not really into the customer aspect of things, much, although I do expect to encounter stakeholder interaction), but I wanted to pick his brains concerning some things that have piqued my interest during my current business coursework.

Let me know if these topics are okay, or what kinds of questions I should be asking:

1. Startup capital? (Sponsorship, investors, stakeholder influence)
2. Origin? (Hereditary succession or meritocracy?, company derivative, determination of market needs)
3. Hindrances? (Roadblocks, financial overhead, revenue-profit margins)
4. Maintenance? (Budget prioritization and adherence, land/labor/capital, weight of production factors when executing business duties on management scope)
5. Environments? What specifically? Environmental impact?
5.1 Economic and legal - international trade, government regulations
5.2 Technological - how this has changed scope of business over course of tenure, how has it increased/affected marketability and effectiveness
5.3 Competition - how is customer importance/satisfaction regarded, and how is it enforced; what are differentiating stakeholder characteristics, Market evolution. (Multigenerational business)
5.4 Social - promotion of diversity, level of importance and implementation of best ethics practices within corporate environment, Dynamic environment with opportunity for promotion or stagnant with little room for advancement?
It is always a good idea to speak to highly accomplished individuals, as long as they have achieved their success ethically.

I made a few comments in RED.

This is quite a bit of subject matter to cover and I would recommend either a singular focus on a single aspect for a deep dive or a more broad overview of his experience the business. Just my .02.
Whoa... What do you mean, "ethically"??! Drug dealers and other unscrupulous individuals are people too... Don't discriminate, there are valuable lessons for verbiage to learn from them as well... How much weight is needed to move to make it worthwhile in paying off border patrol of other law enforcement... Which weapon is more efficient present day due to bullet shortages/cost of said ammo... What happens if you drop the soap in the prison showers... Lots of stuff to be learned here...
Appreciate 2