10-10-2018, 09:23 AM   #7
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Vain, nah, not vain. I view clothing as an investment as I do anything else that is a non-consumable. I never buy anything unless it's an amazing deal. I never pay full retail for anything. If I can buy a pair of $200-500 jeans for $50 and them last me for 7-10 years...you bet your ass I'm going to. Technically I'm only spending $20-30 more than what most people do and get way more wear/use/life out of them.

I'm that guy that buys nice things takes care of them and they last me forever. I honestly still have almost every pair of Ray-Ban, Oakley or Persol sunglasses I've ever bought. I have have a closet full of shirts that are over 5-7 years old.
Same here...I buy expensive accessories like shoes, wallets, ties, sunglasses, etc. that may make me look like a d-bag, but guess what they last forever. People think my 4 year old black Magnanni dress shoes are new. They were $250 but clearly worth it in the long-term. And if you look for the right sales at Neiman's, Saks, Nordstrom, etc. you can find a killer deal.
Appreciate 6
King Rudi13154.00
Sea-Tac1453.00
shay2nak1070.00
Kyngofpop676.00