Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Vain, nah, not vain. I view clothing as an investment as I do anything else that is a non-consumable. I never buy anything unless it's an amazing deal. I never pay full retail for anything. If I can buy a pair of $200-500 jeans for $50 and them last me for 7-10 years...you bet your ass I'm going to. Technically I'm only spending $20-30 more than what most people do and get way more wear/use/life out of them.

I'm that guy that buys nice things takes care of them and they last me forever. I honestly still have almost every pair of Ray-Ban, Oakley or Persol sunglasses I've ever bought. I have have a closet full of shirts that are over 5-7 years old.

I also wear jeans to work everyday. The reason no one is commenting on your jeans is because you are buying them at Target and Old Navy. I'm not looking for men to comment on my jeans, but this is definitely something that ladies notice....trust me.

1) Jeans are jeans. A $300 pair of jeans isn't of any higher quality than something at Old Navy or Target.

2) I understand value for money, I only wear Oakley sunglasses because the quality is vastly superior to cheap sunglasses and I wear them anytime I am outside or in the car. Worthy investment, jeans not so much. No variance in quality, at least not in a significant amount.

3) A pair of Wranglers will last just as long as a pair of $300 jeans. I get rid of mine every 5 years or so, simply because the styles change and it's just nice to have some fresh clothes on occasion, not because they wear out.

4) Trust me, as a man, no one should notice your clothes beyond "he looks nice". Above that, you have gone too far.

5) Don't care what other girls think as I am happily married and my wife approves of my jeans selection 100%.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
arkie6397.00