View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Picked up a Ford Explorer (AKA wannabe cop car /s)

I just picked up a CPO 2017 Ford Explorer XLT AWD with 26K miles, mostly for work since my work sites are often off the beaten path on dirt/gravel roads (I am currently an RF Engineer for cell towers), but it's got the bells and whistles that'd tickle my fancy enough to keep it, even when I go back to my regular work in IT (RF Engineers can make VERY good money and it's gotten me out of a huge financial bind, but it's not something I want to do forever).

It's a sad moment to trade in the E90 and I didn't quite want to give her up , but she hasn't aged gracefully and needed a bunch of high-ticket repairs, and even as Murphy's Law would have it, just when I thought that everything has been fixed, the rear right window regulator took a nosedive just as the dealership was appraising the car, and it's impractical to keep 2 cars since from next week onwards, I'll technically be a nomad until I hang up my RF Engineer hat in about 6-8 months.

Although I know I haven't been on here as much as I used to; I've been busy and I've redirected my off-topic drama to Reddit instead... I'll be on here a lot less frequently; much love to the BMW community and it's still my favorite brand of cars, but maybe once I get my ducks in a row (buy a house, settle down) and when the Explorer reaches the "Fix Or Repair Daily" point, I'll be back for an X5 or even something snazzier like an 8-series or something.
Attached Images

::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 02-12-2020 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 2
Ickdeep5706.00