Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
I selected I dislike HAM for "other" reasons and for me, I am consistent. I don't appreciate the politicizing of all we know and love. Businesses do it, people do it and organizations do it. I respect anyone's freedom of choice and when I believe politicizing could have and or should have been avoided, I distance myself from them/it. Lewis is no exception and has earned no such exception. I find it distasteful and a poison to a sport.
Hamilton is a very smart guy...he knows perfectly well that trying to use his significant influence on matters such as BLM, climate change etc will draw a significant amount of flak.
Yet he does it anyway because he believes in the causes.
Its a brave person who puts his head up above the parapet and takes a stand knowing he will get no small amount of hate for it.

Myself I admire him for it..but then I think the causes he supports are worthy....maybe that makes some difference.

In any case...Sports cannot expect to exist in a bubble impervious to all the crap going on around them.
It's not brave. The world is currently clamoring for this shit in every facet of life hence the proliferation of politics in every corner. It is not against the grain but widely accepted though, and the principles he used his platform to propel are frequently disputed. Folks already on pedestals aren't impervious to hateful criticisms merely by existing therefore he or any others don't welcome a foreign element into their life. They simply are doing that which others wind up in a lot of heat for.

Keep social issues unrelated to items unrelated. The very notion I can utilize the English language to distinguish how they are categorically separate should provide point enough, but alas, it's 2020, emotions are high and this will resonate with roughly only 50% of people reading this.
Appreciate 1
fanatic11018.50