View Single Post
      04-29-2021, 06:38 PM   #84
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy311 View Post
I didn't really want to start a new thread on lane change, and kudos to you guys trying to code his stuff and what not, but is this lane change really ready for prime time? It works when I want it to work on my 2021 X5, but I just turned it off because it makes me look like a moron on the highway. It changes lanes way too fast. I can imagine some situations where that is desirable, but most of the time it just looks plain ridiculous. And when changing from an inside lane to an outside lane, or driving between traffic on a multi-lane highway, it can become simply dangerous. Why can it not be done at a normal pace like everybody else on the road. I have gotten used to the mild zigzagging when using the DAP automation, but lane change…meh. I would use it if it nudged over gently. You shouldn't have all this automation on on busy highways, or, god forbid, city roads anyway. Just my 2🪙.
It definitely is much better than when it originally came out. There was quite a delay between the time the turn signal was pressed and when it actually made the change. It is just a matter of personal preference but I think now it works just as it should, hit the signal and go.
Stoshu494.00