10-16-2021, 07:02 PM   #415
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
This has to be the biggest pile of steaming horse $hit EVER posted reference "Flexiwings." Of course no wing can be completely static but MB fans lost their minds with RB's rear wing. Visual evidence and HAM's radio comment was all that was needed to change testing. Remember? It was a movable aerodynamic device!!!! Banned whether is passed previous testing or not!!!! But now legality rests on two elements? Talk about moving the goal post

MB flexing down on one axis is OK (Vertical strakes or support could easily fix this movement) but FIA looks the other way!

RB flexing on two axes is verboten (RB & others must redesign the rear wing)...No small task!!!

Hypocrites!!!!
Like I said there's a tolerance limit, how far you push into the grey area dictates that.

So at first RB's rear wing passed the test no problem, after a bunch of whining to the FIA they increased the load for the test and redbull failed. This means they pushed too far into the grey area. When retesting the merc front wing it still didn't fail any tests based on the parameters given - hence mercedes didn't push into that boundary as far as red bull did.

There's no such thing as "looks away", if they didn't test the mercedes front wing as per the rule book then again redbull would have a slam dunk law suit. What likely occured is like I said before, they're in the grey area but there is still enough wiggle room because they didn't push it to the absolute limit. Thus mercedes still passes tests.

In regards to what triggered the fia investigation, well mercedes likely played a butt ton of mind games with hamilton's radio call then launched a formal complaint to the FIA - IDK that's just how inter team politics works I guess. In the end the FIA did their tests and that's that.
minn1914037.50
MKSixer34184.50