GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyMagnolia View Post

... I don't want to lose $$ on resale or lose functionality if this is a short term issue ...

So hard to say no, when she is sitting on the lot waiting for me... I would appreciate your thoughts, advice, gut feelings, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
If you don't need it right away you can reorder and hopefully the touchscreens will be available when the next one is built. Upgraded seats have nothing to do with whether you get a touchscreen or not, it just depends on whether they are available when the build is occurring. They are back for right now but that could change at any time.

In my opinion, the touchless screen will have little to no effect on resale value.
Agree on both counts, and as for resale:

Ultimately resale values are set (more/less) by giant auctions which ignore options ( more "2022 X5 4.0s are worth blah") and that trickles down to KBB, and used car online shops like Driveway, and certainly to BMW dealerships for trade-in purposes (i.e., they're going to offer equal of less then they can dump into an auction).

I'd be pretty stunned if auctions houses of the future give a crap about a month's worth of vehicles w/o touchscreens - seems dubious they'd work that into the calcs ...

Maybe 5 years ago when many people sold cars via craig's list or whatever, and price info was more insulated and there weren't any online used car services, back then maybe resale might've been a problem but now giant online companies are more than willing to dollar-cost-average used car sales.

Last edited by GrussGott; 11-21-2021 at 11:05 PM..
Appreciate 0