View Single Post
      06-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #13
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDave View Post
My car was a special order so at least it wasn’t outside for waiting for buyers. Your process sounds like a lot of work. Did you do it by hand or did you use an orbital buffer? It gets dusty in AZ so I will probably have to keep it in a closed garage throughout the process.
Mine was special order too and my last was as well. This isn't a BMW thing, but just a know problem with every dealer for every car. No one gives you a paint corrected car. They may wipe a rag on it at the factory or when your dealer is cleaning it for delivery. Most induce the marring and micromarring that way.

I don't use a orbital and don't suggest one. DA are great and there are a bunch of good options. I use a FLEX and have for a few years. DA just don't heat the paint up as much as a full orbital so they are quite a bit safer.

Lastly, 100% enclosed. You cannot do the multi-day coating if there is dust or you will re-introduce the marring or it will get stuck in the ceramic coating. I garaged mine for a couple of days while going through the process. It was a weekend job for me.
Appreciate 0