View Single Post
      10-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #10
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
I got my Tanzanite Blue II X6M back in august, and after very first car wash I already see micro scratches and swirls. I guess this is what happens with darker color cars - for instance my 2012 X5 in Space gray and my 2018 M2 in Long Beach Blue still look brand new, but my 2017 X6M in Carbon Black looked absolutely awful when I returned it for the 2021 in August, with swirl marks all over. They just seem to stand out so much more on dark colors.

What are some good options for me to protect the paint and so that the car retains the new look?
As others have already said, I’d recommend PPF or ceramic coating. I PPF’d mine (STEK Dynoshield) after taking delivery from the dealership and have been very happy with it. I used Suntek Ultra on my last car and was happy with that too, but I noticed the STEK has more gloss and is more hydrophobic which helps keep it clean.

Based on those pics you posted, you’ll obviously need to have some paint correct done first to get the swirls out, but any good installer (of PPF or ceramic) should be doing that anyway. Yours may just need a bit more in that regard.
Appreciate 0