View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 02:09 PM   #26
speedyman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
if you want comfort on long drives, there's no real substitute for Merino. We bought our F15 off the showroom with Nappa and we liked it a lot. After driving it for 4 years and looking for the g05, the dealer took us out in models that had vernasca and the difference then was apparent. It's a very durable leather for sure, but it definitely wasn't close to as plush as Nappa was. Now having the merino on our G05, the Nappa doesn't seem as plush, even outright stiff compared to the merino.

If you're looking for long haul comfort, I would definitely recommend the Merino. It'll be hard to tell based on a 5 minute test drive of the different materials but we love it. We chose a light color and so far, there's not been any creases or wear after 8 months. But if you're truly worried you can always opt for black.
Wouldn't something more substatial like the Vernasca vs the Merino be more durable and less likely to wrinkle, crease, or pierce? I have the Vernasca and it is very nice indeed but definitely not a silky soft glove leather which I would not be interested in. No need for the self appointed leather thread police to take their shots at this one, just an honest question.
Appreciate 0