View Single Post
      11-29-2020, 11:11 PM   #922
Clippers015
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi Q7, 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-lsd View Post
So they are prioritizing cars on the lot rather than the ones in customers hands? It’s been seven weeks since bmwusa contacted me, and not a word since. Never heard a thing from the SoCal dealer.
Yea that sucks! I asked the dealer a dumb why BMW did not provide the dealer with the instructions to do the diagnosis and only the faulty ones send them to the port. He said that although it might not be widespread in terms of numbers of vehicles that need the fix, BMW felt the dealers did not have the capabilities to do the test properly and they needed 'their' people to inspect and then sign off on all vehicles.

I wonder if running through the dealer on the lot inventory was the easiest way logistically to test a big batch all at once and then run through the vehicles that have been already sold? Seems odd they are just having owners of these cars sit on the sidelines and wait without much updates. Or part of the decision not to take in X5e's is due to uncertainty on the timeline of getting the car back to the owner. this will give BMW some slack regarding time spent in the shop for lemon law consideration

Last edited by Clippers015; 11-30-2020 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0