View Single Post
      04-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
blaQouT
Hi
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yes good thing the HPFP is covered for a while even without warranty, right? VANOS solenoids, never heard of that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexinator View Post
I have an 08 335xi with just under 60k on it. Bought it new (Welt delivery in munich).
The main thing with this car is the high pressure fuel pump which BMW extended the warranty to 8 years, so shouldn't be a problem. There has been a problem with waste gate rattling, but that I think is more of a nuisance than a mechanical problem.

At around 60k the problems I have seen the most on the forum seem to be carbon buildup on intake valves which need to be cleaned, failed fuel injectors, coil packs and plugs (especially with a tuned car) and intermittently I've been hearing about the water pump dieing around this time... which is apparently expensive to fix.

I also had to have the VANOS solenoids replaced at 53k, which is both cheap and easy to do.

I've also heard about vacuum lines becoming an issue around this time also, but that is likely the same with any turbo car at 60k.

Overall I love my car, and have no plans to part ways with it for a long time (or until I can afford a 911 turbo)

Goodluck!
Appreciate 0