View Single Post
      12-28-2019, 08:08 AM   #264
Tek-dad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20 X5 M60i 24 i5 M60 24 X7 M60

Now that I have the X5 a few thoughts.

So far I love it. The engine is fantastic. I have an M6 Convertible and I swear this thing is faster. It may not be, but it sure feels like it! I could go on and on but I am just going to touch on some of the major features I added (and didn’t add).

22inch wheels. Was worried about a harsh ride with them but really has not been a problem.

Acoustic Glass. Love it. I kind of got this to cancel out road noise from the 22’s. The car really is quiet.

DHP. LOVE this. Taking on-ramps is a hoot. Maybe it’s in my head but I can really feel it in action as it keeps everything ‘smooth’.

Executive Package. Really should be standard. With all the lights and the sunroof it really becomes a different car at night. Looks fantastic.

Glass Controls/Alcantara Headliner. Looks great and is a nice finishing touch.

The front seats have got to some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in. I’ve got some back issues and none of my usual pressure points started acting up after spending some time in these seats.

HK Surround Stereo. If you’ve been on this thread you know I was regretting this. Honestly, the HK Surround sounds great. I have no doubt the BW sounds way better and must be a treat. But if this HK Surround was the top level they offered I probably wouldn’t even care. It lacks a little punch and I can probably mess with the EQ settings. In addition the car is so quiet I don’t even need to crank it that high.

A little bummed there is nowhere to put my sunglasses. I’m at the point I need prescription shades. So I’m using the little compartment above my left knee. Maybe I’ll add a sunvisor clip or something. Not a huge deal but seems like a huge oversight for an SUV.

Happy New Year to all!
Appreciate 3
mhodx5111.50
thereef5101169.00