Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smomin23 View Post
Fantastic pictures man!

Quick question re: install:

1. How easy was wiring? Did you have to splice or do any additional wiring for the lights?

2. Do you recommend any tools to help pry the speaker covers?

I'm thinking of just replacing the HK covers cause I really like this lighting effect but I'm perfectly fine with the audio
Thank you.

Answers to your great questions:
1- Very easy, no splicing, no cutting at all. There are three or four different ambient light plugs to choose from, you gently pry one plug out and install the provided wire harness in series with the one you just unplugged, remember to not put any force on the door panel light plugs.

Attachment 2518245

2. T20 hex drive. Plastic pry tools. Long nose pliers. The covers were glued to the door panel with molded plastic, so you would need some different size wire cutters. I had to remove the light panels in order to be able to replace the original speaker covers. The covers come with screws and washers, so a Philips screw driver would be needed.

Attachment 2518252

You would not need to replace your original speakers. I had HiFi speakers, so had to upgrade. In total, it took me almost 5 hours to finish the project on two different days. I took my time to make sure to not break anything. The outcome satisfy me a lot, specially with the amp upgrade.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Thank you so much man! Takes a load off knowing I don't have to deal with splicing etc.

Truly plug and play and sounds like the hardest part is the actual removal of the covers which just requires patience.

Thank you again!