View Single Post
      05-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #80
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

We picked up our 2020 x40i last week and I registered Connected Drive with BMWNA. We do not have maps loaded, but our news feed in the X5 works and my Connected Drive app provides location services for car (although seems to be behind by a day or so). I have the option to lock and unlock the car, although the cell service in my village is down, so I am not sure if my inability to execute the commands is a BMW thing or merely bad cell service. The app does show recent fuel level, mileage to empty and all of service reminders.

I did try to register my VIN on the .de Connected Drive site, but keep getting an error, but we appear to have some functionality with just the NA activation. Perhaps the functionality in the car and on the app, and perhaps that will improve once we get European maps loaded.

Just wanted to share my recent observations.

What we have so far is encouraging, although Euler in Kaiserslautern is not eager to try to load any map data on any X5s.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0