View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 03:09 AM   #70
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

K&N wrote me back this morning, said that they did not have filters for the M50i models, and asked me if I had the OEM part numbers, and if I'd be interested in being on their mailing list.

SMH. Really K&N? You're relying on customers to provide you with part numbers?? REALLY!?!?

I then went on to tell them that the intake systems in the X5M50i, X6M50i, X7M50i, X5M, and X6M.... are all identical.

I then (begrudgingly) gave them the OEM part numbers.

I then told them that they literally ignored both the full-M versions, and the M-Performance versions, of BMWs top 3 SUVs...... 5 total vehicles, that have been on the market for well over a year.

Now...... I'm irritated. K&N used to be one of the top producers of performance products, and were on the cutting edge of every new vehicle. Now they are behaving like some 2nd rate company that outsourced all their R&D and production to China...... and then replaced all their knowledgeable sales techs with high school dropouts from a local unemployment firm.

I almost hope another company comes out with filters first. After 25 years of using K&N, maybe it's time for a change.

Sorry. Rant over.
Appreciate 0