View Single Post
      06-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #75
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I think you are better off waiting to see what comes out for the X5M since the intake system looks identical. Typically aftermarket companies are more willing to come out with products for the M models first. To me i don't think swapping the filter panel is going to net you any results as traditional BMW's have very free flowing intake designs. I would only consider doing this if it offers a massive sound improvement which is only attainable from a cone style filter.

I had a Dinan intake on my F85 X5M and it was a sealed design. I got zero sound improvement. Did it offer any hp gains? maybe maybe not. When you have over 560hp you aren't going to notice such minor hp increase.

Alan
I hear you.... and agree. A K&N isn't going to net "huge" HP gains by any means.

My biggest motivation...... is dynotuning. My appointment is this Saturday. The last X5M50i that they tuned ended up with a 150hp increase, and a 100nM increase..... I had hoped that "maybe" the K&N would give me "just enough" to inch over the last guy.

Still..... going to be a huge gain. Very excited about it nevertheless. But from now on, I'll always wonder "I wonder if I'd had the K&Ns installed, if I would have had 10 more?"
Appreciate 0