tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
Gents,

I am expecting delivery of my X5 40I around mid-November into Kaiserslautern. I emailed Lee at Bavarian about the ability to access Connected Drive and he said there is still a SIM card issue. Is anyone in Germany currently able to get connected? If I read the thread correctly, it looks like only one person managed to get this working. If anyone know the process to make this work, please hit me up. Thanks!
JJRX5,

I was told by my BMW military sales rep that my car has the GPS unit or the antenna unplugged since it would continuously be searching for a signal. It's something they do at the port as part of the customs process. I'm not sure if you're trying to get full functionality like others are or just want Carplay to work. I would ask your sales rep that question.

I also talked with Bimmer-Tech last night. They are able to unlock/activate Carplay remotely. The cost is $599, and takes around 30 minutes. If you only want Carplay and don't want the hassle of jumping through hoops to get full functionality then this may be the easiest way. I think I may go this route.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category...lay-activation

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0