tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd004 View Post
So I think I just hit a wall...

I sent CD DE the documentation (for the second time now) and a week later I received a response. To my surprise, the response this time came from "BMW Customer Care International Direct and Special Sales", probably cause CD DE team forwarded my email request to them instead. Here's the response:

"Dear Mr M,

Thank you for your patience waiting for our response.
As you know, US spec vehicles are developed, tested and homologated for the use in the United States of America. While operated in the United States all functions work 100% as intended to.
When using a US spec vehicle abroad this cannot be guaranteed, as this was not considered as a use case when developing ConnectedDrive functionalities for US spec vehicles.
It can be observed that in some cases single functions are working also in a roaming situation, when the vehicle is operated outside the US. The services are dependent on the cellular network and the possibility of connection to the backend/mapping. Depending on the country the vehicle is being operated in, the services may or may not work.
This is the reason why our customers are obliged to sign a disclaimer informing them, that the functionalities of ConnectedDrive Services and related functions may not be supported outside the US.
We kindly ask you for understanding that we won´t be able to activate your CD services in Germany now.
In parallel, our technical team is of course seeking better technical solutions. If there would be any progress we will inform you accordingly.
Yours sincerely,

BMW Group
Customer Care International Direct and Special Sales
Phone: +49 89 382-19999*
Email: customercare.icds@bmw.com
Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (Central European Time +1)"
I think I got that same email. I trying to get mine to work in Korea.
Attached Images

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0