View Single Post
      04-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #17
dedbeat
Rep
Drives: 14 335xi GT M-sport

bit confused...

Hey Technic,
I have the logic7 system stock with no external amplifier hooked up. I was reading on of your posts (pasted below)
Sound:
- these drivers sound much better and even louder than the SWS-8 at midbass all the way to 200Hz. There's a much better definition and impact of the whole bass spectrum with these midbass and the sub than what I used to have with the SWS-8 and the sub.

However, remove the sub and they do not sound as great as the SWS-8 alone. The sub punch with the SWS-8 still is better for me, and with some tuning it can fake some midbass as well. And that's what I can conclude between a SWS-8 and a midbass driver: the SWS-8 will sound great with a processor/EQ, nice sub punch and decent midbass. Remove the processor and the SWS-8 sucks at midbass, which is most of the complaints in this forum comes from. Use a dedicated midbass driver and it really sucks at subbass (the SSMB8 simply pops and cracks at anything in the 30Hz-40Hz range) but excel at midbass without a processor/EQ.
do you still recommend the kickers over the earthquake? something i notice currently is the popping (occasionally) when the bass level and volume are set to higher levels, and was hoping to avoid this. I got my car in June and this is pretty much the first time I'm looking to make any changes and don't know much but hope to learn as much as I can. Thanks for the advice.

Anyone else out there with any suggestions?
Appreciate 0