View Single Post
      02-24-2024, 11:44 AM   #6
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue87 View Post
I think once you've experienced the LCI interior, the previous gen will look dated/busy dash. The biggest concern I have about my pre-LCI M50i is how long BMW will keep the various services available. Audi kept dropping support for various services for the Q7 I previously owned and I imagine BMW will eventually do the same with iDrive 7.

Regarding weight, I think I would be okay with a turbo inline six configuration that made the same (or more power) as the V8, if weight savings were significant.

I feel DHP keeps the M50i flat during cornering and greatly assists with turn in, compared to handful of x5 40i loaners I've had. Not sure if the one you had this or not; they seem to be difficult to find in a pre-owned X5.

Good luck in your search!
I think that will come into play with all the manufacturers in regards to software unfortunately. Were now in the cell phone age with cars.

Thanks for DHP information. Sounds like it's a must have if you want to earn back some handling from the weight. It is tough to find pre owns with it. I honestly don't think many option it. It's a big luxury rocket and I think most don't care about the handling. If they do they either have a car or go full M.
Appreciate 0