View Single Post
      08-17-2020, 06:51 PM   #13
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer-Bimmer View Post
So far, it is only for cars purchased in 2020 , but that is probably (my opinion) for two reasons: 1) They will assess how popular this program is and is it meeting objectives?, and 2) What is their capacity for this after the driving schools and PCD? My strong opinion is that this will continue in 2021. (My opinion is unencumbered by any inside knowledge).

They asked how we heard about the program, and most of us said that we got the email. There was one gentleman who was there for M School. He found out about the program while he was there, and arranged to stay an extra day.

I understand that they are sending emails in batches. The first to get the emails are those who bought their car early in the year. Then they will roll out more emails to those who bought in 2Q and 3Q. So I would surmise that if the program applies to those who buy in 4Q, they might offer time slots in 2021. If you google this program, you will find that dealers are already promoting this program as a reason to buy a new BMW now.

You do not have to wait for an email. You can call the Performance Center number and schedule your visit. You will need your VIN, your Dealer name, and your Drivers License number. Also, if you plan to bring a +1, have their Name and drivers License number (and email) available.

They offered me several Fridays, and I took the first Friday that was available. One of the instructors said that they had also had some of these on Mondays.

The best answer to your question is to call and ask. If they can't schedule that far out, I would wait a few months and call again.
Yea thanks. I did get the email so will call to ask. It'd be a great getaway with the wife and I've never driven M cars so really tempted (especially in a track setting, however short of a track it may be).
Appreciate 0