09-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #20
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimster82 View Post
My coworker had a bad experience with a loaner via GEICO. He got into a little accident and GEICO said they would not cover him. So now I am hesitant on getting a loaner car because I have the same insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Insurance should follow the driver (as long as you are on the policy) and not the car. In other words, Geico got out of paying by lying about coverage. The only other thing I could think is that your friend doesn't carry collision coverage, which means his liability coverage should have paid for the car he hit, and he would have had to pay out of pocket for the damage to the loaner. (I am a former auto claim adjuster)
I say...read your insurance policy to see what your coverage is. I'm more inclined to agree with what TXSchnee implied...in that there's probably more to your friends story and insurance policy coverage that is NOT being told.

You both may have the same insurance company (GEICO)...but your policies could have totally different coverage. Check to be sure as to what your policy covers in regards to rental and loaner cars.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0